Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Time for Bed, Sleepyhead by Daniel G. Amen M.D.

Time for Bed, Sleepyhead by Daniel G. Amen M.D. is a bedtime story book for children. It is specifically written to make your child think and imagine to tire himself out and have a peaceful sleep. Daniel Amen is a renowned children and teenager psychiatrist and has written many other books as well. This book is illustrated by Gail Yerrill, an English artist that has a wonderful whimsical style, perfect for a bedtime storybook.

 As I read this book by myself, I did not become overwhelmingly drowsy or tired, although I already was, two young boys and a newborn tend to do that to a mother... anyway, it didn't work it's magic on me, but I can see how it could with a preschooler or a toddler. The story line its self isn't repetitive but there is repeating involved and a lot of imagination using and suggestions that would get a little mind tired. You essentially become part of the story and are participating in a long day of tiring events, to end up snuggling up and dreaming. The illustrations are so soft and inviting and they flow perfectly with the story. 

I intend on reading it to my guys and seeing if it does make a difference in their bedtime routine. If it truly does, this book could potentially help parents out with one of parenting life's greatest struggles. But even if it doesn't, it is still a charming little story that would entertain young ones before bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment