Monday, May 30, 2016

Bible Adventures : Great Stories of the Bible

Bible Adventures: Great Stories of the Bible, illustrated by David Miles is a 6 in 1 book, This book hosts six stories from the Bible. It starts with Creation and ends with Jesus. This book is a Step 2 in the "I can read" series by Zondervan Kids. That means that it is easy to read for little ones starting out but also a little easier to understand for those who it's read to. My little guys enjoyed the stories and the pictures in it. They are 4 and almost 2 years old. I tend to substitute words as I read to them, to facilitate their understanding, but that is not necessary with this series, which is something I truly appreciate Zondervan for.

With this book, my boys have learnt some more about Creation, Shadrack Meeshack and Abdnigo and the Furnace, Ruth and Naomi and some of Jesus's ministry and miracles. I love that it's a hard cover book, since little ones are not always as gentle as they should be with books. I also like the way the text is positioned on the pages, it's not overwhelming or doesn't cover up much of the illustrations.

I would definitely recommend this book, even the whole series, for parents with little ones that love short bedtime stories and for those who's little ones are getting to be a bit more independent and want to read you a story instead, this is a great one to start with! Happy Reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment