Tuesday, April 05, 2016

Forever My Litte Boy by Karen Kingsbury

Forever My Little Boy: Loving Your Son for Now and for Always by Karen Kingsbury and illustrated by Joanne Lew-Vriethoff is a wonderful little book. Filled with little prayers and verses along with a heartwarming narrative of the life of raising a boy, this book had me in happy tears. Having two boys and watching them grow so fast is exactly what this book is about. Raising a God-loving young man all the way from the newborn days at the hospital to watching him move away after getting married. This book is great in the way that it is not totally geared towards the mom reader. Dad is just as active along the way, which is great. Every other page has a little prayer and a Bible verse totally encompassing the moment and reinforcing the parenting journey.

When I first requested this book I thought it was more of a children's story time book. It is to a certain degree, it's a narrated and story like but my little guys lost interest in it while I kept reading and bawling my eyes out. I blame that on my current pregnancy hormones, which means that I will also be requesting Forever My Little Girl by Karen Kingsbury as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment