Wednesday, March 04, 2015

Breaker's Reef

Breaker's Reef by Terri Blackstock is the last book in the Cape Refuge series that follows the lives of Morgan & Jonathan, Cade & Blair and the residents of the Hannover House in Cape Refuge. This book takes place one year after the previous book, River's Edge. Once again, the island of Cape Refuge is living through a murder investigation. The body of a teen age girl is found in a boat in the middle of the river between Tybee Island and Cape Refuge, she is mysteriously placed just like the victim in one of Marcus Gibson's, a famous murder-mystery author's book. Cade, being Chief of Police is helping out in the investigation and some how becomes a suspect himself ! As Blair and Sadie are doing their own investigative work for the newspaper, Sadie uncovers important information and decides to follow her leads, which lands her in a heap of trouble. Since now, the missing teenage girl count is up to 4, including herself.
This book was very entertaining to read and I read through it fast! I am a fan of Terri Blackstock and have read the previous book in this series, unfortunately I have yet to read the first 2 books! I found that this one flowed better than River's Edge and was packed with more intrigue and action. I really have come to appreciate the characters in this series and was a little sad to see it end. As much as I would love to know how things turn out, I don't really want to see them go through any more hardships :) They have overcome so much in the books I have read and with what is hinted to have happened in the other 2 previous books, I don't know how much more they can handle. They do have God centered in their lives and knowing that they can do anything through Him is comforting, but here I go again, getting overly attached to fictional characters! Any how, this was I great crime solving - murder mystery book, even better than the last, I totally recommend it to all who have read part of the series or even to any who love this genre of stories. Great Read!! btw, they would make AWESOOME Movies !
  

No comments:

Post a Comment