Thursday, September 04, 2014

Good Night Ark by Laura Sassi, illustrated by Jane Chapman

Good Night Ark by Laura Sassi and illustrated by Jane Chapman is a darling little book. All the animals are getting settled in to the ark for bed, Noah tucking them in, but the storm outside is waking them up and scaring them. What else could they do but join Noah in his room and bed! It soon gets crowded and noisy and every one is there, ready to slumber-party! All are snuggled in again and go to sleep. 

I thought this book was adorable. We are currently expecting our second child, which we plan on naming Noah, so this book got my soft spot :) I liked how it rhymed and had a beat to it. Sam, our toddler enjoyed the story and all the silly animals too. It thought the illustrations were really good to, great for entertaining the little kiddos as you read. We also had spotting games and naming games as we went though the book again. 

The only thing I didn't really like about the book, is the paper cover over the hardcover binding of the book. I believe Sam has already torn it in a few spots. So pointless to have on a children's book, in my opinion. And if that's the only fault I can find to it, you gotta know it's a good book! 

I would totally recommend this book for toddlers and even preschoolers. It's catchy and cute. Mom and Dad will even enjoy it and probably be able to relate to Noah and a crowded bed :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment