Saturday, August 02, 2014

Jonah and the Great Big Fish written by Rhonda Gowler Greene and illustrated by Margaret Spengler.

Jonah and the Great Big Fish written by Rhonda Gowler Greene and illustrated by Margaret Spengler.
Jonah's story is one I know pretty well, I've studied it during a group Bible Study and read it a few times. I thought that this children's book did a good job sharing the story. The illustrations are great and really kid friendly, my toddler just loved them! So colorful and charming and there's even a puppy in there too! The story has a nice rhythm and flow. It's a great bedtime story or anytime story. Samson enjoyed looking at all the pages and looking at all the pictures, even counting the shells and sea creatures on the inside covers of the book. He loves flipping the pages and telling me the story and making the big fish talk and adding lines for Jonah too! His favorite, "Thanks for the ride fishy!!". The only thing I would say I didn't really enjoy about the book is that the stops before the end of the story. I understand that it's titled Jonah and the Great Big Fish, and it makes sense to end it there, but I would of loved to have the whole story. All the way to the end of Ninevah. But it'a children's book and is made to be understood by little ones :) All in all, it's a great little book, very colorful and easy to read !

No comments:

Post a Comment