Saturday, November 17, 2012

Everything

Everything - What you give and what you gain to become like Jesus by Mart Demuth. This book was an eye opener! I found the first few chapters a  little hard to get into, but that could of been just me being out of the habit of reading, this was the first book I've read since my son being born,  he's going to be 10 months old next Wednesday! But once I got into it, I could not let it down. I found out so much about myself and how much work I have to do on myself! I loved how she gives us questions at the end of each chapter, for personal retroflexion, group discussion and growth. And the book is split into three parts to make it easier to understand. Mary hits home with her personal accounts of how this book can help you grow and be able to live the Everything life. There is so much we have to gain by trying to be more like Jesus but there is so much we have to be willing to let go of to be able to do so. This books helps you realize what those things are and how to work on them. This is a great read for anyone who wants to get closer to Jesus and doesn't know where to start, this is it.  You will enjoy this book, no matter where you are in your Christian walk.


No comments:

Post a Comment